Job Title: Interior Designer
The Interior Design function is housed within the Facilities & Leasing organization. The successful candidate
will be tasked with the design creation, space planning and project management of projects within both the
corporate office in Houston, TX and field office locations in the U.S. The individual must possess strong
communication skills, be able to work collaboratively as a key team member, and have the ability to multi-task
in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for overall space planning, move management, office design and furnishing of commercial
• Serves as liaison between internal clients, general contractors and various management teams to
determine architectural preferences, space requirements, and furniture that affect design decisions.
• Prepares budget proposals and estimates and presents to internal clients.
• Attends furniture installations and verifies installation is complete according to appropriate drawings.
• Maintains current knowledge of local building codes, ADA issues, and preferred product lines.
• Able to perform Project Team Lead role of office design projects including the preparation of project
schedules and budget updates to clients and management as required.
• Creates required drawings on AutoCAD.
• Identifies ways to enhance value to the department and able to present ideas, opportunities and
solutions to senior management in an effective manner.
Able to analyze lease contracts and understand general allowance provisions and work letters.
• Bachelor’s Degree required from four-year college or university in Interior Design or related field
• Ability to obtain Texas Interior Design Registration preferred
• Minimum 3-5 years related experience and or training
• Proficient in AutoCAD required
• Competent in reading and interpreting architectural and engineering blueprints
• Ability to field verify and take precise dimensions to translate to layout documents
• Work collectively as a key team member in a start-up project for various departments.
• Ability to adapt and learn the construction & architectural influence associated with this business
• Exceptional customer relation and communication skills
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in
Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable
operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature
of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran
status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Other Corporate
Functions || Not Applicable || || 23321 ||