A leader in architecture for hospitality, and residential projects throughout the world. This team has design offices in , Miami, Madrid, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, and Trinidad & Tobago, Dubai and the Middle East.
Archipro Recruiters are looking for a talented, self-motivated and Design Managers for Hospitality & Resort Design experience and a stellar design portfolio to work in our client’s busy Florida office. Some travel may be required.
As a Design Manager, you will assist in developing creative-design concepts and lead the preparation of architectural presentations and production drawings, generate design studies and assesses design proposals.
Work under the guidance of a Senior Lead Designer or Principal, as well as independently on specific components of larger projects, and will often coordinate project design efforts with other team members and prepare design presentations.
Assist in designing high-end resorts, hospitality and private luxury destinations. Become familiar with and support companies strategic plan, and to become an active contributing member of our Destination Creation Centers of Excellence. The company encourages a commitment to excellence, creativity, innovation and building new successful business relationships.
Have and provide hands-on daily coaching and mentoring as well as access to Dale Carnegie and LinkedIn Learning training modules. These will focus on growth areas like client management, presentation skills, and emotional intelligence.
• Participate in all phases of the design process including envisioning sessions and the creation of conceptual designs, schematic design, design development, space planning, presentation drawings, sketches and renderings.
• Develop conceptual designs and presentations, perform programming of design requirements, space planning, and verification of code compliance.
• Develop, modify and review design drawings, correct and update documents, and assist in developing solutions to technical problems with creative and practical solutions.
• Set up and/or attend meetings with the Project Manager and Senior Lead Designer of your projects, as applicable, to report on the status of your tasks and projects and coordinate work ahead.
• Manage project design with awareness of project budgets, staffing requirements and schedules to meet project goals.
• Direct the work of junior members in your team, and supervise / review their work to ensure correctness, accuracy, coordination, and efficiency in the production of design documents.
• Develop and mentor junior members in the development of space planning concepts, design solutions, and quality production.
• Coordinate with design specialists & sub-consultants and work with contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
• Perform quality assurance / quality control of architectural drafting and presentations in accordance with company standards.
• Contribute to office activities, initiatives and programs.
• Support business development efforts including identify opportunities and facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
• Attend industry networking events & actively participate in relevant associations.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- Experience: 5 years of experience in an Architectural office with a focus in Hospitality Design projects.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- The job requires proficiency in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino or other 3D sketch software.
- Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a team of designers, drafters & others while creating a positive, collaborative environment.
- Strong presentation and client relations skills.
- Experience with managing budgets and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the design process and building codes.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery.
- This position may require travel abroad.