Architect – Project Manager
Our client is based in Houston, Texas they are a large multinational design firm leading full-service innovative Architecture, planning, engineering solutions. They produce high quality design-build project delivery to their clients in the public and private sectors. This position works directly with practice area principals and/or discipline leads.
This successful candidate is design savvy and can lead all stages of the project, including business and client development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, design, and construction documents, and construction administration while maintaining strong client relationships. This is an excellent opportunity for a design expert to further their expertise, manage notable projects and mentor project teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a NCARB accredited program
- Registered Texas Architect, or ability to acquire Texas registration via reciprocity
- Minimum 15 years of experience in architectural design, construction administration and project management
- Minimum 5 years Healthcare project experience.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to coordinate consultant teams
- Good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Strong technical capabilities with code knowledge and ability to convey technical issues and design ideas
- Ability to prepare architectural documents and specifications for projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; knowledgeable to direct staff in effective use of Revit including coordinated 3D BIM modeling of component systems, and software for rendering and imagery of concepts and designs.
- Positive leadership and mentoring abilities that foster a motivated team environment
- Advanced knowledge of current building design and construction means, methods and techniques
- Knowledge of architectural history and current architectural design discourse
- Awareness of sustainable design approaches
- LEED Accredited is a plus
- Act as primary contact for the client and is responsible for overall project management.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of projects with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Supervise project team cooperatively with the project designer.
- Coordinate workload within project teams and work with other project directors to manage workload across the office.
- Ensure project development, documentation and its completion meet schedule and budget.
- Ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews work and propose changes to design, and to comply with building codes and budget.
- Maintains project budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
- Mentor project team and foster positive team spirit that supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ensure staff adheres to policies, practices, and procedures.
- Monitor internal staffing needs and coordinate client staff and their internal customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and vendors.
- Write proposals, recommend appropriate fees, and participate in contract negotiations with clients and consultants.
- Manage bid or contractor selection process.
- Assist market sector teams in preparing proposals, and participating in new project presentations as requested.
Because the best deserve the best, they offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance, prescription coverage, dental and vision benefits
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Long-term disability
- Sponsorship for professional registration, professional society membership and participation
- Training and development seminars
- Tuition support for graduate and postgraduate levels
- Vacation and sick leave allowance
- Retirement benefits consisting of 401(K) and ESOP opportunities
Applicants selected for interviews are given a package that explains benefits in detail. Benefits are evaluated annually and adjusted regularly to remain competitive. They strive to keep our package one of the best in the industry.
Please apply online or send your resume to [email protected], 866-966-2488
Got a question?
We're here to help. Check out our FAQ, send us an email or call us at 866-966-2488