Our client company is a leader in master planning, and architecture for hospitality, and residential projects throughout the world. They have design offices in , Miami, Madrid, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, and Trinidad & Tobago, Dubai and the Middle East.
Archipro Recruiters are looking for a talented, self-motivated and design-orientated Senior Hospitality & Resort Designer with stellar design portfolios to work in our client’s busy Florida office. Some travel may be required.
Recently Licensed Architect or Non- Registered Graduate with 5+ years of experience; has design management responsibilities for a variety of projects or project teams, client contact, and design delivery responsibilities.
As a Designer, you will be expected to provide Design, Business Development and Client Relationship leadership. You will design high-end hospitality & resort destinations. As a member of the team we expect you to become familiarized and to support the companies strategic plan and to become an active, contributing member of our Destination Creation Centers of Excellence. Our client encourages a commitment to excellence, creativity, innovation and building new successful business relationships.
ARCHITECTURE / MASTER PLANNING / DESIGN
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead all phases of the design process including the creation of conceptual designs, design development, space planning, preparing and presenting design drawings, sketches and renderings to represent your ideas to clients.
- Create a variety of exterior and interior architectural 3D modeling & rendering
- Liaise with clients to define project requirements, establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Ensure that the projects that are assigned to you meet the required budgets and schedule.
- You will be expected to create persuasive presentations that meet projects’ objectives.
- Lead coordination of design issues with design specialists & sub-consultants.
- Actively support business development efforts including cooperation with Marketing and participation in proposal preparation.
- Responsible for the overall profitability and design quality of the projects.
- Attend weekly scheduling meetings with the office Managing Director, to report on the status of your projects. You will develop, modify and review production drawings and construction documents, correct and update documents, develop solutions to technical problems.
- Supervise the production of accurate technical and contract documentation & drawings.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Identify opportunities and facilitate introductions of potential clients to members of the firm.
- Attend industry-networking events & actively participate in relevant associations. Present projects in conferences or events.
- Pursue and follow up on leads in the market as directed. Track leads and opportunities as well as relationship engagement.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- Experience: 5 years of experience in an Architectural office with a focus in Hospitality Design projects.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a team player, possess a can-do attitude, be a self-starter.
- The job requires proficiency in business software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bluebeam & Outlook).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino or other 3D sketch software.
- Strong design, graphic, sketching, illustration & presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a team of designers, drafters & others while creating a positive, collaborative environment.
- Strong presentation and client relations skills.
- Experience with managing budgets and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of the design process and building codes.
- Ability to manage variety of project types in various stages of development.
- Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly.
- Knowledge of the total project process from concept to delivery.
- This position may require travel abroad.