Welcome to an unparalleled opportunity in the realm of interior design leadership. This Senior Interior Design Associate position extends beyond conventional design responsibilities, encompassing financial acumen and managerial prowess within the design spectrum. We are searching for an exceptional candidate with a distinguished background in the marine industry, preferably with experience leading teams or spearheading projects on Ultra Luxury cruise ships and Megayachts.
In addition to these prestigious marine projects, the chosen candidate will be immersed in a diverse portfolio, collaborating on globally acclaimed hospitality schemes, branded residential developments, and private residential projects. As part of a globally recognized interior design powerhouse, our presence spans major cities worldwide, including London, Sao Paulo, LA, Miami, Singapore, Dubai, and Bangkok.
Renowned for our expertise in crafting extraordinary spaces, we are actively seeking a dynamic and highly creative Associate Designer to contribute to the success of our thriving Miami studio. This role presents a remarkable opportunity for a seasoned Senior Interior Designer, offering the chance to leave an indelible mark on international high-end hospitality, residential, and cruise ship interior projects.
Senior Interior Design Associate – Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Interior Design Associate at this company, you will be entrusted with the vision, leadership, and execution of world-class projects. Their design philosophy transcends convention, drawing inspiration from principles, history, geography, and architectural vocabulary to create exceptional designs.
In this role, you will:
- Manage multiple client accounts and multidisciplinary teams encompassing architecture, interior design, and FF&E.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for the Company, contributing to business development and the realization of companywide goals.
- Uphold design integrity and excellence while ensuring the achievement of companywide objectives.
- Oversee high-level project management for a portfolio of 2 to 5 projects.
- Monitor project profitability and efficiency, ensuring program adherence, invoicing, and deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with Project Leaders and Design Directors to ensure seamless project execution.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Address high-level client issues and concerns across all projects.
- Maintain regular, transparent communication with clients throughout project lifecycles.
- Efficiently manage project resources.
- Administer contracts throughout the project duration.
- Participate in new business meetings and engage potential clients.
- Provide input on project fees, deliverables, and timelines.
- Present compelling concept designs and project directions in response to new business pitches.
- Manage high-level internal and external conflicts and disputes.
- Take full responsibility for the successful delivery of projects.
- Contribute to HR functions, including recruitment, annual reviews, and personal development plans.
- Approve and oversee studio protocols to align with project and company demands.
Desired Behaviors & Values
We value team members who embody the following attributes:
- Wholehearted commitment to the Company with a strong work ethic.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Ownership of decisions and actions.
- Willingness to exceed expectations and support colleagues.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- High performance under pressure, with meticulous attention to detail.
- A team-oriented, excellent, refined, and measured approach.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- An educational background of BA or higher in interior design or interior architecture.
- A portfolio showcasing design excellence in high-end hospitality, residential, and ship projects.
- Experience mentoring and coaching staff.
- Confidence in pitching and presenting schemes to clients.
- Expertise across all RIBA stages of a project.
- Ideally, experience with project values exceeding $1 million.
- Strong knowledge of FF&E and interior design.
- A keen business acumen.
- Articulate and refined design abilities and style.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, InDesign, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop, and hand sketching.
- Willingness to learn, meet deadlines, and take initiative.
- Familiarity with Revit and 3D rendering (a plus, but not required).
This design firm treats all employees and job applicants fairly and equally, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Our employment decisions are solely based on merit, job requirements, and business needs. Join us on this exciting journey and be part of our creative and passionate team.
REPORT TO: Design Director
SALARY RANGE: $100,000 + (depending on experience)